Ethos and Aims
Kingsdon Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary school is a Church school and, as such, our principle beliefs and values are derived from the foundation of the Church of England..
We aim to create a happy, welcoming and stimulating environment where each member of the school community feels valued and cared for, both as an individual and as a member.
The Aims of the School are to:
- Enable children to reach their full potential in all aspects of the school curriculum.
- Provide children with an education appropriate to the world beyond the classroom.
- Develop in children a love of learning and a desire to expand their knowledge and skills throughout life.
- Help children to learn to live together in a community and to show sensitivity and respect towards one another.
- Develop in children a positive sense of moral responsibility, self-discipline and independence.
- Develop in children spiritual awareness and awe of the universe.